B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology
Radiotherapy is the treatment of cancer and other diseases with ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation deposits energy that injures or destroys cells in the area being treated (the 'target tissue') by damaging their genetic material, making it impossible for these cells to continue to grow. Although radiation damages both cancer cells and normal cells, the latter are able to repair themselves and function properly.
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.OR
- Lateral entry to second year- candidates who have passed diploma program in the same subjects from a recognized Government Board, approved by RGUHS.
- Human Anatomy
- Pathology - (Clinical Pathology, Hematology & Blood - Banking)
- Fundamentals of Physics.
- Radiation Biology
- Applied Anatomy and Pathology
- Principles of radiotherapy.
- Radiation Physics
- Principles and Practices of radiotherapy
6 months Internship
||Dr. JAY PRAKASH (JP)